ABOUT THE TRUST
WE’RE CUTTING EDGE...
- Groundbreaking robotic assisted surgery.
- Exemplary research and development into the causes of heart disease and cancer.
- The first UK Trust to perform mitral valve surgery.
- The most advanced and best equipped Emergency Department in the UK.
- World class cancer facilities at the Queen’s Centre. Staff‐led improvement recognised nationally by the Prince of Wales.
AND WE’VE GOT A REPUTATION…
Rated in the top ten in the UK for student satisfaction, the Medical School is a partnership between the Universities of Hull and York and the NHS, providing high quality, cutting‐edge medical training. This makes our hospital an important teaching hospital for the development of new generations of doctors with a strong reputation in biomedical research, primary care, palliative medicine, cardiovascular and respiratory medicine, vascular surgery, cancer surgery and oncology.
CASTLE HILL HOSPITAL
The Castle Hill Hospital is based in Cottingham, East Yorkshire. With a total of 610 beds, Castle Hill houses cardiac and elective surgical facilities, new medical research teaching and day surgery facilities (Daisy Building), and the new ear, nose and throat (ENT) and breast surgery facility.
HULL ROYAL INFIRMARY
Hull Royal Infirmary is based in the heart of Hull on Anlaby Road in Hull, one of the main arterial routes into the city. The main tower block was opened in 1967 by Her Majesty the Queen, and currently houses around 700 beds plus operating theatres.